Friday, September 7, 2012

accountability

The day I gave birth to my youngest son, I was the heaviest I had ever been. Like, 235lbs. I don't know my exact weight because there was no way in hell I was getting on the scale that day... but you get the idea. HUGE.

40 weeks pregnant

After Dash was born

After Dash was born in August 2010, I breastfed him and sort of watched what I ate. By the end of the year, I was at 194lbs. When I saw myself in photos from the holidays, I knew I had to take control of my weight and get serious about my health.

Christmas 2010
I started Weight Watchers in January of 2011. I was good at dieting and counting points! I could do this! By the end of 2011, I weighed in around 164lbs. I had lost 30lbs on WW! It was the best feeling and I really felt like I accomplished something.

Skinny jeans, bitches.
During the summer of 2012, I realized that if I want to start losing again and get down to my goal weight, I really need to add some exercise into my life. This is where I struggle... Exercise. Ugh!

I tried the C25K program. I made it to Week 3 and then hurt my knee. I tried the 30 Day Shred. I made it to Level 3 and then quit.

My knee hurts.
We are moving.
I work full time.
The kids need me.
I don't have the time.
I'm tired.

The list of excuses goes on and on and on and on. But what it comes down to is this:

I have to make the time. I have to do this for me. No excuses.

Right now I weigh 161lbs. My goal weight is 140lbs. My fitness goal is to be able to complete the entire 30 Day Shred and the C25K program. I will get it done!

Watch me.


3 comments:

  1. Your stats are crazily similar to mine. The day I delivered Owen I weighed 232lbs. Over the last year I lost 70lbs and weigh 162lbs. I also need to keep moving towards my goal but got the surprise that I'm pregnant again! I am going to be much better about watching what I put in my body this time because I never want to go back to being that girl. I knew at Owen's first birthday when I was still wearing maternity clothes that I needed to do something with myself. You can do this!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I needed to read right now! Congrats on your accomplishments thus far, they are amazing. You look fab!!! My story will be very very similar. I am 3lbs away from pre-pregnancy with Grayson, but have 40 left from Carter, ugh. Started weight watchers and am starting to walk Southgate three times a week for an hour each time. I just want to get to where you are now. Maybe once I am, I will change my goal to 140. Your my inspiration. Keep it up. xoxo Darlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok my diet twin (wow! Are we ever not going to be twins at something?!?) We have both made awesome progress and have the same goals!! 160 to 140 isn't that hard...We have already gotten through the hard part (ie the first 60ish pounds!!!)If we all keep motivating each other, this last 20lbs will be nothing!!! We got this girl! Keep it up... we can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

    ReplyDelete