Wednesday, November 13, 2013

weekend round-up

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! The weekend always seems to fly by for me. Maybe because I work outside the home? I remember when I was a "stay at home mom" with Corbin and the weekends were just like any other day, except Daddy was home. Now? Not so much! Since my husband and I both work, we have to cram everything into the weekend. It's lots of fun, but it can get crazy.

Saturday morning was Corbin's last soccer game of the fall season. His team was phenomenal and his coach was even better. Have you ever watched 6 & 7 year-old kids play soccer? They are seriously into it. After the game, every player got a medal and an ice cream treat! Coach even gave Dash a medal since he was there for every practice and game. It was very sweet and meant a lot to Dash.



After the game we went home to eat lunch and get Dash down for his nap. I had scheduled a mini-shoot with our favorite photographer later that afternoon so I neeeeeeded Dash to nap.

Do I even need to tell you that he ended up not napping? Of course not.

After getting everyone bathed, fed, and dressed, we headed down to Sarasota for the photos. The boys did some Christmas shots together and separately, and they both did a great job! I was so relieved. We did a quick outfit change for the boys and then attempted some family shots. This did not go so well. We have never had family photos taken, so this was kind of a big deal for me. Corbin kept trying to get into the bushes and Dash only wanted to stand sideways. We tried some natural poses that involved tickling, so I have my fingers crossed that we come away with ONE decent family photo.

Sunday was a nice, relaxing day. I took the boys over to my mom's house and spent some time with my darling little niece. Afterwards, Brian and I took them to the craft store to get Corbin a Rainbow Loom. Are your kids into these things? Corbin is obsessed.



That evening we grilled steaks outside and kicked the soccer ball with the boys. Dash was tired and wanted to be worn, so I played soccer with a 35lb pre-schooler on my back! I really need to upgrade baby carriers. I am in love with the toddler size Tula carriers. So gorgeous!



What did you do this weekend?


*If you purchase anything through my Amazon.com links, I will receive a small portion of the proceeds.*

No comments:

Post a Comment